The attorneys at Jessee, Read & Howard, P.C. guide families through difficult times. When your family is in crisis, our attorneys are here to help by providing compassionate and experienced counsel tailored to your family’s unique situation and challenges. Family Law matters can be traumatic and our attorneys know how to shoulder the burden during your time of need. There are several options for the resolution of family law matters ranging from traditional litigation to alternative dispute resolution processes such as mediation, arbitration or the collaborative process.
Collaborative divorce is a process whereby the parties seek to resolve their dispute through open communication, transparency and self-determination to avoid the often traumatic, costly and time consuming process of traditional litigation. Heather R. Howard, Esq., is trained in the collaborative process and has successfully resolved numerous collaborative family law matters.
Our dedicated representation and consistent, personal service for clients involves a comprehensive knowledge of Virginia family law and changing trends/strategies, plus a clear focus on the unique and individual needs of clients as they struggle with important, life-changing decisions.
We offer committed representation in matters involving:
- Asset protection/property division/debt allocation
- Complex equitable distribution
- Retirement plans and stock options
- Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) and other domestic relations orders
- Collaborative divorce
- Child custody and Visitation
- Establishment and Modification of Orders
- Grandparent rights
- Paternity issues
- Child Support- Establishment and modification
- Spousal Support – Establishment and modification
- Domestic partnerships and same-sex divorce
- Domestic violence and Protective Orders
- Prenuptial agreements
- Department of Social Services (Child Protective Services) Investigations
We Are Committed to You
At Jessee, Read & Howard, P.C., we provide all clients with the same high level of quality legal services. Our commitment to clients includes the following:
- Comprehensive guidance from the initial consultation through the successful conclusion of your issue.
- Personal attention from the attorney handling your case; not just a paralegal or office staff.
- Clear communication and frequent updates so you understand your rights, your options and the consequences of your decisions.
- The timely, cost effective achievement of your legal goals through negotiation or aggressive litigation.
- A compassionate family practice sensitive to your emotional, as well as legal, needs.
Southwest Virginia families have looked to Jessee, Read & Howard, P.C. for aggressive representation and timely, cost-effective legal solutions related to family law for over 40 years. Contact our offices today for a comprehensive consultation and case evaluation with an experienced family law lawyer by calling (276) 628-1089 or schedule an appointment below.